Wednesday, June 15, 2016

I am a Hopeful Romantic

I listened to a great audio today by Debi Berndt called Expect Love – Cultivating the Mind of Expectation. Here are my thoughts.

You get what you think about.  To change your thoughts you have to go the root belief which is the foundation of the thought.  When you think about what you want, and you have a belief about it.  One way or the other.  The thought is not neutral; you feel good or not good.  

The expectation is the belief you have of what will be manifested in your life.  Instead of focusing on what you think imagine you can get what you expect.  You see a product of your expectations.  Think about how much money you made in the last year.  You would look for a job with that same income level.  What if you imagined there was not a limit on your salary.

People go back to their exes because they begin to believe this is all they can get.  If you believe that men are not available, jerks, or assholes.  Then this is the guy you will continue to see.  If you think you are making all the money, you can make then that is all the money you will get.

Expectations are like getting out of bed in the morning.  When you put your feet out of bed, you expect to feel the floor with your feet.  From early on you expect things to be a certain way.  When you call a person, you expect them to answer.  Open a faucet and expect water to come out.  These expectations are unconscious.  

What you are holding inside will manifest itself into your life.  If you are angry, frustrated or sad about being single, you will create and attract this into your life.  I have no experience with a healthy, romantic relationship.  I expect a relationship to fail or a guy to be a certain way. 

How do I stop myself from expecting too much?  Maybe I am just afraid that I have lost my mojo.  My mind says getting excited is not a good thing.  My mind will stop me expecting too much.  We tend to.  

Pessimism allows us to stay in control.  I have friends that say "Don't get your hopes up."  I hate this.  So pessimistic.  The expectation should be empowering.  I am holding an image in my mind.  I review my needs and wants list.  I trust that what I want will show up.  I am thankful for guys that are assholes.  I learn so much.  That guy is part of connecting the dots to my goal.

What we tend to do is need to make it look a certain way.  The needy expectation.  I want things to show up my way and I am attached to a certain timeframe.  People can attract love in 30 or 90 days.  But apparently I need to do more work on myself.


I want a guy that I am not only attracted to but is intellectually stimulating, kind and compassionate, and ready to commit.  I am working on my mental focus to shift my perception that this will happen.  I know I cannot see it, but I need to force myself to expect it will happen.  I am changing the story in my mind.  I imagine the possibilities and acknowledge the feelings I want.  

I am a hopeful romantic.

No comments: